Sunday, July 6, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Installation problem -- another installation is in progress

Thanks for your prompt response. Actually, I solved the problem after posting. When I got to the "Ready to Install" dialog, in the Task Manager, there were 4 instances of msiexec.exe running. I experimented with deleting 3 of them. At first, I killed the whole install, but finally I deleting the correct three, and the install ran to completion.

Susan


--- On Sun, 7/6/08, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> From: Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Installation problem -- another installation is in progress
> To: susancrayne@yahoo.com
> Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 3:59 AM
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Susan Crayne
> <susancrayne@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I am attempting to install the postrgresql-8.3.3-1
> download on Windows Vista. When I get to the "Ready
> to install" dialog and click OK, I get the message
> "Another installation is in progress", and I need
> to click on cancel and end the installation -- otherwise I
> am in a loop. This happens even after I reboot. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
> >
>
> It sounds like your installer database is, umm, confused. I
> assume
> you're running setup.bat? If so, try just running the
> vcredist
> executable on it's own. If that completes OK, then try
> postgresql-8.3.msi.
>
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com


--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: