Wednesday, July 30, 2008

[GENERAL] Shared object "libpq.so.3" not found

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and I have Postgresql 8.2.4 installed with
Perl v5.8.8. I'm trying to test DBD-Pg-2.8.7 after compilation and I
get this error after 'make test':

PGINITDB="/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb" PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/
arch')" t/*.t
t/00-signature......skipped
all skipped: Set the environment variable TEST_SIGNATURE to
enable this test
t/00basic...........ok
1/3
# Failed test 'use DBD::Pg;'
t/00basic...........NOK 2# in t/00basic.t at line
14.
# Tried to use 'DBD::Pg'.
# Error: Can't load '/usr/home/markuser/DBD-Pg-2.8.7/blib/arch/
auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for module DBD::Pg: Shared object "libpq.so.3" not
found, required by "Pg.so" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach/
DynaLoader.pm line 230.
# at (eval 8) line 2
# Compilation failed in require at (eval 8) line 2.
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/00basic.t line 14.
FAILED--Further testing stopped: Cannot continue without DBD::Pg
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/home/markuser/DBD-Pg-2.8.7.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first I was getting 'Undefined symbol "PQserverVersion"' error
during 'make test' and it complained about not being able to find
libpq.so.5 I believe. I fixed that by putting '/usr/local/pgsql/lib'
in ld.so.conf and running ldconfig so that it could find that file.
Then I also included '/usr/local/lib' in that file, which is the path
to libpq.so.3, but its acting like it still can't find it, as you see
above. It seems that I can't prioritize between searching between
these two directories. It varies between errors for not finding
libpq.so.5 or libpq.so.3. I can't seem to provide both library files
at the same time. Using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable
doesn't seem to help this issue either. I've included both library
directories (separately by a colon, if that's correct) and its no
help.

Now, of course, I've googled this and nothing is helping at this
point. Does anyone have any other pointers? Is this a FreeBSD thing
possibly? I'd *much* appreciate some help here!

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: