Thursday, June 5, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] orafce does NOT build with Sun Studio compiler

Hello

2008/6/5 Mayuresh Nirhali <Mayuresh.Nirhali@sun.com>:
> Hello hackers,
>
> During the Oracle migration tutorial by peter at PGCon, I took an action
> item for myself to try orafce on Solaris/OpenSolaris.
> As pg binaries are bundled with Solaris now (using Sun Studio compiler), I
> decided to try out building orafce against the same bundled binaries (with
> USE_PGXS=1).
>
> I see following build error,
> /opt/SUNWspro/SS11/bin/cc -xc99=none -xCC -KPIC -I.
> -I/usr/include/pgsql/server -I/usr/include/pgsql/internal -I/usr/sfw/include
> -I/usr/include/kerberosv5 -c -o pipe.o pipe.c
> "pipe.c", line 149: null dimension: data
> cc: acomp failed for pipe.c
> gmake[1]: *** [pipe.o] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/builds2/postgres/orafce/orafce'
> *** Error code 2
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `orafce/config.status'
> Current working directory /builds2/postgres/orafce
>
> Sun Studio does not like array declarations with null as dimenstion.
> So, In pipe.c we have,
>
> typedef struct
> {
> LWLockId shmem_lock;
> pipe *pipes;
> alert_event *events;
> alert_lock *locks;
> size_t size;
> unsigned int sid;
> char data[]; /* line 149 */
> } sh_memory;
>
> A quick look tells me that this should not be hard to fix, but have not
> prepared any patch as I dont understand the code very well.
> Is it possible to fix this soon ? This will increase the portability and
> would help people use orafce with existing pg binaries on Solaris.
>
> Thanks
> Mayuresh
>
>

I'll fix it soon

Pavel
>
>
> --
> Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
> To make changes to your subscription:
> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers
>

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: