Thursday, June 5, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Annoying messages when copy sql code to psql terminal

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:24 AM, A B <gentosaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever I use copy-paste to run code in a terminal window that is
> running psql, and the code contains a row like
>
> IF FOUND THEN
>
> then I get the words
>
> ABORT        CHECKPOINT   COMMIT       DECLARE      EXECUTE

[...]

As others have noted, you have tabs in your sql source.  I'd advise if
possible, not to use the tab character in sql, for this and other
reasons.

Can you please elaborate on other reasons? I have never encountered any _other_ reason!!

And 'using psql' is not reason enough to not indent your SQL code.

Best regards,
--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

EnterpriseDB http://www.enterprisedb.com

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device

No comments: