Sunday, June 29, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] libpq block allocated before my malloc handler inits?

rob wrote:
> I am trying to build a small program with libpq as the interface to a
> Postgre database. I am using the most current version. My program
> uses malloc and free hooks to manage memory without having to request
> memory from the system all the time. I expected that the init
> function (__malloc_initialize_hook) would run before anything else,
> but after opening a number of connections to the database with
> PQconnectdb, my program blows up because of a free which refers to a
> block of memory that wasn't allocated using my malloc function. My
> program runs without a hitch if I comment out the PQconnectdb function
> calls.
I've experienced an openSSL, libpq + other library using SSL bug
recently. Do you get the same crash is you explicitly disable SSL in
the connection string? sslmode=disable.

Thanks

Russell

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: