Thursday, June 19, 2008

Re: [ADMIN] where would I find the files I need?

Thank you, Joshua!

Tena Sakai


-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Thu 6/19/2008 10:00 PM
To: Tena Sakai
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] where would I find the files I need?

Tena Sakai wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am running postgres 8.3.0 on linux (hardware is dell).
> When I issue: cat /etc/redhat-release
> It comes back with: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
> and when I issue: uname -r
> It says: 2.6.9-42.ELsmp
>
> Given that, would somebody please tell me where I can go
> to grab the correct set of files to upgrade to the latest
> postgres, v8.3.3?
>
> I have been to the postgres website and via File Browser, I got to:
> Top ? binary ? v8.3.3 ? linux ? rpms ? redhat ? rhel-4-x86_64
>
> Am I at the right place?

Yep.

Joshua D. Drake

> Please advise.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tena Sakai
> tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu
>


No comments: