Friday, May 9, 2008

[SQL] execute plpgsl like "normal" sql

Hi

Is there a possibility to execute pl/pgsql syntax like normal sql simmilar to sql+ from oracle?

The question is: if I want to execute soemthing like this:
--File foo.sql:
begin
for id in select id from mytable loop
update myothertable set payed = true where fk_id = id;
end loop;
end;

Do I have to create a procedure or can I simply run the above statement via
psql -D foo < foo.sql

Reason is, that I create pq/psql procedures (more complex than this example) at runtime in my client app and do not want to store the procedures permanent in my database schema. I would like to avoid create function / drop function statements.

Thanks
Chris
--
GMX startet ShortView.de. Hier findest Du Leute mit Deinen Interessen!
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

--
Sent via pgsql-sql mailing list (pgsql-sql@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-sql

No comments: