Friday, May 9, 2008

Re: [pgsql-www] IM

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:

> > Bizarre. It's pretty regular. Happens to me pretty much every day
> > -- I get kicked off and can't login again for 20min or so.
>
> It doesn't happen to me either. What does happen, is that if I'm for
> some reason kicked off the network itself (say the WWAN drops or
> something like that), I get kicked off for 20 mins or so (error saying
> something about "conflict"). But as long as my own local network
> connection is stable, I don't get kicked off.

I have seen this "conflict" error too. I think it happens when the
server thinks your previous connection is still open. My guess is that
those 20 minutes are the time it takes to notice it's gone -- maybe a
keepalive timeout or something like that.

As for the kicks, I guess someone should check the logs.

--
Alvaro Herrera

http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

--
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list (pgsql-www@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

No comments: