Friday, May 16, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] problem with serial data type and access

On Thursday 15 May 2008 11:44 pm, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> Adrian Klaver ha scritto:
> >> The fact is that the serial data type is in pratice an integer, and when
> >> I also try to connect with pgadminIII I see an integer data type and not
> >> a serial. I think that since it sees an integer, it does not understand
> >> that it is a serial, and access does not recognize it as autoincrement.
> >>
> >> I'm stuck at this point...
> >
> > Did you mark this field as the primary key when you linked the table?
>
> yes I did

Just out of curiosity, create a test table using the WITH OIDS clause and a
serial data type column along with some test columns and try to INSERT a
record.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: