Tuesday, May 13, 2008

[GENERAL] Stripping out slony after / before / during pg_restore?

Hi people,

I'm setting us up a separate staging / test server and I want to read in a pg_dump of our current origin stripping out all the slony stuff.

I was thinking this could serve two purposes a) test out backups restore properly and b) provide us with us with the staging / test server

What's the best way to remove all the slony bits?

I was thinking read in the dump, then use uninstall node - but I'd rather not have to run the slon daemons.

Or should I just leave all the slony stuff in there... would it cause us any problems? There'd be no slons running and the next night it's all wiped and restored again...

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone got something similar already?

Cheers
Glyn


__________________________________________________________
Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: