Friday, September 5, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Need more reviewers!

Hi,

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:19 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> All this would do is to deter people from submitting patches. Hard rules
>> like this don't work in FOSS communities. I know it's like herding cats,
>> but persuasion is really our only tool.

+1

> I don't *want* the rule, I just think we *need* the rule because
> otherwise sponsors/managers/etc make business decisions to exclude that
> aspect of the software dev process.

I agree that making sponsors/managers/etc aware of that aspect of the
dev process is necessary and worthwhile. However, I don't think a rule
for *patch submitters* helps with that. There must be other ways to
convince managers to encourage reviewers.

Regards

Markus Wanner


--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: