Monday, August 18, 2008

Re: [SPAM?]: Re: [HACKERS] proposal sql: labeled function params

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 10:51 +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Saturday, 16. August 2008 schrieb Hannu Krosing:
> > A "label" is the same thing as "variable"/"attribute"/"argument name" in
> > all programming languages I can think of. Why do you need two kinds of
> > argument names in postgreSQL ?
> >
> > maybe you are after something like keyword arguments in python ?
> >
> > http://docs.python.org/tut/node6.html#SECTION006720000000000000000
> >
> > keyword arguments are a way of saying that you don't know all variable
> > names (or "labels" if you prefer) at function defining time and are
> > going to pass them in when calling.
>
> I think we are beginning to talk about the same thing. (Meaning you and me --
> not sure about the rest. :) )

Yes, I noticed that. Maybe we are onto something ;)

The exact moment I sent my mail away, I received yours.

------------
Hannu


--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: