Monday, August 25, 2008

Re: [pgsql-www] The headache of psqlODBC binary Download

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that there are too many steps (some are broken) needed
> to find the actual download page for the ODBC driver. My fellow
> co-workers agree with my concern. I would expect that other ODBC users
> feel the same.
>
> Here are the steps needed to find the download page. I'll try to
> point out the steps that I consider "broken".
>
> 1) www.postgresql.org -> downloads
> 2) ./download/ -> Software Catalogue
> 3) ./download/product-categories -> Drivers and interfaces
> 4) ./download/products/2 -> psqlODBC
> 5) ./pgfoundry.org/projects/psqlodbc -> no where to go from here

Yeah, pgFoundry is quite horribly broken in that regard - GBorg did
much better at allowing custom text and links on the homepage.

I've updated the product listing in the catalogue to point to the
download pages directly now.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list (pgsql-www@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

No comments: