Friday, August 1, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Minimum height of server status dialog

Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>>> Can somebody explain why there appears to be a minimum height on the
>>> server status dialog that corresponds (on $customers screen at least) to
>>> about 20 active connections?
>>>
>>> I have <10 on each server right now, but would like to fit three windows
>>> over each other vertically, but there's no way to make the window small
>>> enough. I do, however, get lots and lots of whitespace...
>>>
>>> (the locks and logfile tabs go into scrolling mode on the other tabs, so
>>> I don't see why those would be the reason either).
>>>
>>> If there's no reason, any objections to decreasing it (assuming I can
>>> figure out where it's set)?
>>>
>> Here is a patch that fixes your two issues (the one on this mail and the
>> one on your " "Dangerous" hotkey in server status dialog " mail). It
>> should work on 1.8 branch, but I didn't actually try it there. I also
>> didn't check on Windows or MacOS X but none of the changes should affect
>> badly one of those.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I don't know if I hate wx more, or if wx hates me more, but I really
> couldn't make the layout stuff do what I wanted :)
>

Working to fix some dialogs makes me learn a few things about xrc files.
So, now, I hate xrc files less. Anyways, I'm still not a wxWidgets fan.

> The hotkey stuff I was working on already, but I'll just use your patch
> instead. It seems to be working fine in on my machine as well, so I'll
> go ahead and commit it. One thing first though...
>
> When I ran embed-xrc, I got a diff containing:
> Index: ui/xrcDialogs.cpp
> ===================================================================
> --- ui/xrcDialogs.cpp (revision 7394)
> +++ ui/xrcDialogs.cpp (working copy)
> @@ -13,6 +13,14 @@
> #include <wx/xrc/xmlres.h>
> #include <wx/xrc/xh_all.h>
>
> +#if wxCHECK_VERSION(2,8,5) && wxABI_VERSION >= 20805
> + #define XRC_ADD_FILE(name, data, size, mime) \
> + wxMemoryFSHandler::AddFileWithMimeType(name, data, size, mime)
> +#else
> + #define XRC_ADD_FILE(name, data, size, mime) \
> + wxMemoryFSHandler::AddFile(name, data, size)
> +

No comments: