Thursday, August 21, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Dialogs Review new patch

Hi

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My new patch fixes some issues. Some dialogs seem ready to commit:

Wow - they look excellent. Just some minor thoughts:

- dlgManageMacros - if the size is reduced to minimum, a horizontal
scrollbar is show in the list control, due to the width of the name
column.

- dlgTrigger, dlgSequence and dlgView are quite tall. The latter two
are currently constrained by the height of the privs pane, but perhaps
also by the comments textbox which certainly could be smaller. Not
sure if it would be enough to get them to the standard size though
(perhaps we need two or three standard sizes)?

- The privileges panes doesn't size yet.

- Most dialogues seem to have an unused status bar at the bottom. I
think we should either remove it universally, or make it work
properly. What do you think?

> I don't think I should play with:
> * dlgConnect.xrc
> * dlgSelectConnection.xrc

It may be useful to do them, if only so they size properly with
non-standard fonts, or in other languages.

> The txtValue/chkValue problem is fixed. The wxListCtrl problem is fixed
> too, but with a dirty hack. I don't really like what I did but it works.
> If someone has a better idea, I welcome it.

I've seen a lot worse. I think a comment explaining the purpose of the
function is in order though. I think you should probably commit once
you're at a convenient point, to minimise the risk of bitrot or future
conflicts.

Nice work :-)


--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list (pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

No comments: