Sunday, August 10, 2008

Re: [PERFORM] long transaction

No, I cannot use VACUUM inside the transaction, and it seems this is the
problem, although autovacuum is set.

However I checked the following scenario to find a solution. I call the
30000 statements without transaction. The performance it not changed. But
when I add VACUUM command after each 20 statement set, I got the linear
performance that I want. Unfortunatelly this is not possible inside a
transaction.

Do you know how could I solve my problem, keeping the 30000 statements
inside a single transaction ?

Sabin


"Lennin Caro" <lennin.caro@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:120621.32315.qm@web59503.mail.ac4.yahoo.com...
> have you use VACUMM?
>
> --- On Fri, 7/18/08, Sabin Coanda <sabin.coanda@deuromedia.ro> wrote:
>
>> From: Sabin Coanda <sabin.coanda@deuromedia.ro>
>> Subject: [PERFORM] long transaction
>> To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
>> Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 3:34 PM
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have a script which includes 30000 called functions
>> within a single
>> transaction.
>>
>> At the beginning, the functions runs fast enough (about 60
>> ms each). In
>> time, it begins to run slower and slower (at final about
>> one per 2 seconds).
>>
>> I check the functions that runs slowly outside the script
>> and they run
>> normally (60 ms each).
>>
>> What is the problem ?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Sabin
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list
>> (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org)
>> To make changes to your subscription:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-performance
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org)
> To make changes to your subscription:
> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-performance
>

--
Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-performance

No comments: