Saturday, August 30, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: relation . . . does not exist

> spreadsheet programs (generally; I'm sure there are exceptions) don't have the notion of a schema; each cell can hold its own particular type.
~
Oh, now I see what Martin meant!
~
> that's not a traditional part of a database engine.
~
well, yeah! I would totally agree with you, but since I doubt very
much "COPY FROM CSV" is part of the SQL standard to beging with, why
not spice it up a little more?
~
> This is probably one of those classic "twenty lines of Perl" problems.
~
java since 1.5 comes with a full blown, PERL-like regexp engine
~
> I suggest looking at: http://pgloader.projects.postgresql.org/
> [1] A validator (regex) for each data type . . .
~
that sort of things was what i was talking about, but I would go
quite a bit farther
~
Thanks
lbrtchx

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: