Friday, July 11, 2008

Re: [PERFORM] REINDEX/SELECT deadlock?

Tom Lane wrote:
> Karl Wright <kwright@metacarta.com> writes:
>
>>I just noticed what looks like a deadlock situation on postgresql
>>8.2.4.
>
>
> Did you look into pg_locks to see what locks those transactions have and
> are waiting for?
>
> regards, tom lane

No. Unlike a typical transaction-based deadlock, I did not see a deadlock error come back - it just
seemed to wait indefinitely instead. So I'm not even sure anything will show up in the pg_locks
table. In any case, it will have to happen again before I can spelunk more, since I had to reset
everything because the system was dead and it was needed by others.

Karl


--
Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-performance

No comments: