Friday, July 11, 2008

Re: [INTERFACES] connecting with libpq interface

On Jul 11, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Vincent Predoehl <vpredoehl@phoenixwebgroup.com> writes:
>> I am using libpqxx, which is built on libpq and it gives me this
>> detailed message, so I ran the above test program to determine if it
>> was libpqxx or libpq. Apparently, libpq is not connecting for some
>> reason:
>
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'pqxx::broken_connection'
>> what(): could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>> Is the server running locally and accepting
>> connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/
>> postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> PQerrorMessage() should give you the same info in your standalone
> libpq program.

Yes it does:

could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/
postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?


>
> What I'd wonder is whether the postmaster is using that socket
> location
> or not. The more common location is /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432. You might
> have
> a problem with having a copy of libpq that has a different default
> socket path compiled into it than the postmaster does.
>
> regards, tom lane


Do you know where can I find that in the source code? I used the
8.3.3 source from postgresql.org. I did use apt-get to install the
source, but I had trouble with the dev headers when I did that. I
noticed some bin files in /usr/local/pgsql/bin hung around after
doing apt-get remove, but I'm pretty sure the install that is being
used is from the build/install of the 8.3.3 source.

--
Vincent


--
Sent via pgsql-interfaces mailing list (pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-interfaces

No comments: