Monday, July 21, 2008

Re: [PERFORM] Performance on Sun Fire X4150 x64 (dd, bonnie++, pgbench)

[...]

> Yes I'd definitely prefer to go 8.3 as well but there are a couple
> reasons for now I have to suck it up:
> - 8.2 is the one in the 7.10 repository.
> - I need plr as well and 8.3-plr debian package does not exist yet.
>
> (I know in both cases we could recompile and install it from there,
> but ...)

At least on debian it was quite easy to "backport" 8.3.3 from sid
to etch using apt-get's source and build-dep functions. That way
you get a normal installable package.

I'm not sure, but given the similarity I would guess it won't be
much harder on ubuntu.

// Emil


--
Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-performance

No comments: