Thursday, July 24, 2008

Re: [JDBC] GSSAPI/KRB5 and JDBC (again)

* Peter Koczan (pjkoczan@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hello again, I've finally had time to test out Kris' patches for
> GSSAPI support in the Postgres 8.3 JDBC
> (http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/gss), but I'm not quite getting it
> right, it seems. The JDBC built fine, and it connects properly via
> MD5, but it can't get a GSSAPI connection, even with Kris' advice in
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2008-01/msg00154.php

I got it working under Linux based off of his comments..

> Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Integrity check
> on decrypted field failed (31)

So you know, that generally means "wrong password". Have you tried
kinit'ing first? Is it prompting you for a password?

> Am I forgetting to set something up? I know that GSSAPI in JDBC is
> unsupported currently but it would be really nice to offer it even in
> a beta capacity. Thanks.

I'm *really* anxious to have GSSAPI support in JDBC and fully
supported.. I've got it working in a test rig, but I need it working
under Linux and Windows for a number of clients and I havn't had time to
make sure all the issues are worked through. :/

Thanks!

Stephen

No comments: