Thursday, July 24, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump vs data-only dumps vs --disable-triggers

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Simon's patch to split up --schema-only into two switches has broken
> this logic, but I'm inclined to just rip it out rather than trying
> to fix it. If the user says --disable-triggers, he should get
> trigger disable commands around the data part of the dump, no matter
> what he said or didn't say about schema dumping.

Agreed entirely. I was suspicious of that bit of code but, honestly,
wasn't quite sure what the original intent had been. Sorry I havn't
finished my review of his latest, he went and changed all the macro
names. ;) If you're taking care of it then I won't spend any further
time on it.. I'm pretty comfortable with it now, honestly, provided the
renaming didn't change anything and my last set of comments were
included.

Thanks,

Stephen

No comments: