Monday, July 28, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] why my postgresql auto crashed???

I'm sorry for the lack of information given in this mail;
Postgresql: 8.3.3
System:Linux 2.6.9-55.ELsmp
Install: I compile it myself

Others:
the same command, it works fine on another machine(called A):(

I EXPLAIN the sql machine A and machine B, I found that on machine B, it
never use index when command execute, but on machine A, index used:((,
so I "set enable_seqscan TO off;" on machine B, it's works beacause of
the usage of index!!!

I don't konw why.

thanks all, any help is appreciated.

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 16:32 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi
>
> When creating a new thread (asking a new question, etc) on a mailing
> list please create a new message rather than replying to an existing
> one. It helps people reading the mailing list keep track.
>
> > so, I check the pg_log
> > ------------
> > TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(file->curFile >= 0)", File: "buffile.c", Line:
> > 317)
> > LOG: server process (PID 4121) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
>
> This `postgres' backend detected a problem and terminated its self by
> calling abort().
>
> This forced the postmaster to terminate all other backends and restart
> the whole server.
>
> You omitted some very important information from your post, including:
>
> - Your PostgreSQL version
> - Your operating system
> - The version of your operating system
> - How you installed PostgreSQL and where you got it from
> - Whether the problem is repeatable, ie does the server crash every time
> you issue the problem command? Sometimes? Only ever happened once?
>
> --
> Craig Ringer
>


--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: