Saturday, June 14, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Stored procs / functions - execution failure

Damian Georgiou wrote:

> I am having an issue with a function where it used to run in a previous
> installation of postgres under windows. The box has since been
> decommissioned so I am unable to check exactly what version it was though it
> was version 8 under winxp.
>
> I am now running postgres 8.2.5 Under OSX 10.5.3
>
> Now I have imported the data, the function is available in the list however
> I get this error when I try to run it

> ERROR: function sp_schedulefromdate("unknown") does not exist
> LINE 1: select sp_scheduleFromDate('2008-01-01');

OK, first guess: you've defined your function with a mixed case name,
and you're being bitten by case folding. You probably meant to write:

select "sp_scheduleFromDate"('2008-01-01')

not

select sp_scheduleFromDate('2008-01-01')

The former suppresses lowercase folding; the latter does not.

--
Craig Ringer

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: