Saturday, June 14, 2008

[GENERAL] Need Tool to sync databases with 8.3.1

All,

I used to rave about how great the EMS PostgreSQL tools were, but lately
I've been disappointed by the lack of support for their Database
Comparer 2007 for PostgreSQL.

I need a tool that will compare 2 database schemas and allow me to
migrate changes from one database to another. What tools do the rest of
you use to accomplish this task?

As the name suggests, Database Comparer 2007 for PostgreSQL seems to
have stopped development some time back in 2007 and it will not work
with PostgreSQL 8.3+. In addition, several of the bugs I encounter with
8.2.4 databases make it a show stopper there too.

I don't know how else to best accomplish my goals other than dumping 2
schemas, running a diff and manually syncing the 2 until the diffs go away.

Suggestions for alternatives? I don't mind spending money if it'll get
the job done.

-- Dante

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: