Monday, June 9, 2008

Re: [ADMIN] Connecting from xp to linux server

Simone Gadenz wrote:
> Shane,
>
> I attached the pg_hba.conf I have on the server. I can use pgadmin3 when
> I connect from the server itself, so I think the pg_hba on the server is
> correct.
>
> From the client machine I cannot connect through pgadmin3. Is there
> another way to test connection client server? Has pg a textual client to
> send sql statements?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Simone
>
>

# connections for all the pcs on the subnet
#
# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK METHOD
host all all 192.168.148.0 255.255.255.0
host all all 192.168.159.0 255.255.255.0


try adding the method to the end of these lines.


# METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "crypt", "password", "gss",
"sspi",
# "krb5", "ident", "pam" or "ldap". Note that "password" sends passwords
# in clear text; "md5" is preferred since it sends encrypted passwords.


--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

--
Sent via pgsql-admin mailing list (pgsql-admin@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-admin

No comments: