Friday, June 20, 2008

[PORTS] PGSQL non installer for linux

Hi,

Does pgsql have anything like non-installer for linux i.e tar-gzipped bundle (as is available for linux in the form of zip file) which I can untar /unzip in the target machine? Basically I do not want to use rpm to install as it might fail due to dependency issues. So, if I have a custom built (for various flavours and versions of linux) bundle, I can just unbundle the same in a specified directory and start using it. Right now, if I use rpm for installing pgsql, it installs the files in various directories (like in /usr/bin, /var/lib/pgsql etc). Basically I wanted all the libraries, binaries and the database to come under a common parent directory.

Hope I have made sense. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks for any help.
Regards
- Siva

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain
(Home page: http://rushto_siva.tripod.com)

No comments: