Tuesday, June 17, 2008

[BUGS] BUG #4252: SQL stops my graic cards

The following bug has been logged online:

Bug reference: 4252
Logged by: Andreas Andersson
Email address: andreaswandersson@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: SQL 2.8
Operating system: Vista SP1
Description: SQL stops my graic cards
Details:

Post this bug on pockertracker forum:
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7907

----------------------------------------------
have used PT2, SQL and Vista for and long time and everything has worked
fine with dual screens on GeForce 8800
I woke up this sunday and one screen was black. Then only thing that happend
was that SP1 had been download/installed. I spent 10 hours on uninstalling,
repair windows, and finaly format c: then it all statred to work again, I
installed PT2 , SQL and SP1, sucess until i reboot, and quess what, one
screen goes black again.

On monday I left my computer to a shop, they change the grafic card to MSI
NX 8800 GTS. Installed vista whit SP1 and told me it works perfect with dual
screens. cost me 500$
This morning I picked up my computer and everything was running good untill,
the first thing I did, was installing PT2 and SQL, guess what, one screen
turns black after reboot.

Then I get it, don't know how but SQL 2.8 fuck up my grafic card with vista
SP1. I unistall SQL 2.8 and both screens, reboot and both screens works
again!!
But I still want PT2 and SQL on my poker computer so I try so i try to
install latest SQL 3.3 and everythings seems to be good for I while but then
one screen black again and my computer freaks out.

This is so wierd., and now i´m on format c: for the 5:e time and installing
vista again.

But I will never install SQL again untill I get a good answer here. I have
spent like 2-4 days on this problem now and is so sick., I´m sure that
Vista SP1 whit SQL = problems whith = Gefroce 8800 ot MSI NX 8800 GTS

--
Sent via pgsql-bugs mailing list (pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-bugs

No comments: