Friday, August 29, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] temp schemas

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Roberts, Jon <Jon.Roberts@asurion.com> wrote:

>> Why have you got thousands of them? If you are running with thousands
>> of active backends, may I suggest a connection pooler?
>>
>
> I don't know. It looks like a bug to me where a temp table is created
> and dropped on commit but the next time the function executes and
> creates a new temp table, it does this in another temp schema. It does
> this over and over until I have thousands of temp schemas that aren't
> used.

Is this vanilla PG, or your Greenplum install?

> It looks this SQL is executing when connecting with pgAdmin which
> doesn't exclude temp schemas. Even though I don't have it configured to
> show temp schemas, the SQL doesn't exclude these records. This is with
> 1.8.2 of pgAdmin.

Oh, that's weird - that code is filtering out system objects client
side for some reason. I'll look at that.


--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: