Wednesday, July 16, 2008

[NOVICE] Stopping a transaction as soon as an error occurs

Hi list,

I am dumping a series of data. Basically I'm migrating the tables from one database to another. However, I wanted the transaction to stop immediately as soon as the error below occurs:

psql:gravy.all.schema.sql:142136: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

What happens is that it continues to do the transaction even if there's already a transaction and I'm having hard time catching it. I need to know which line number the error first occured so that  I can check my dump file and do the necessary remedy.


Thanks,

Ridvan


--
Laurence J. Peter  - "Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it."

No comments: