Saturday, July 5, 2008

[GENERAL] roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around

Hello, I just signed on the list.

Any suggestions for how best to launch one of two different versions
of pg installed on the same machine?

I have both 8.3 and 8.1 installed on a MacBookPro (OS X 10.5.2). I
stopped the 8.3 postmaster using pg_ctl in order to roll back to 8.1.
Problem is, now I can't seem to start the server using either version.

When I launch 8.1 with pg_ctl, it yields a "postmaster starting"
message; but then a status check shows that the server is not
running. Issuing the same commands for 8.3, I get similar results.

eg:

[tiento:~] postgres% /opt/local/lib/postgresql81/bin/pg_ctl start -D /
Library/PostgreSQL8/data -l /Users/Shared/pgLog/pgLog.txt
postmaster starting

[tiento:~] postgres% /opt/local/lib/postgresql81/bin/pg_ctl status -D /
Library/PostgreSQL8/data
pg_ctl: neither postmaster nor postgres running


I'm trying to roll back to version 8.1 as I've run into a bug in Qt's
QPSQL driver. I'm able to create tables and add rows of data to them;
but my model.select() statements all fail. The "This version of
PostgreSQL is not supported and may not work" message is ominous ;)

Thanks in advance!
Scott

Scott Frankel
President/VFX Supervisor
Circle-S Studios
510-339-7477 (o)
510-332-2990 (c)

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: