Sunday, June 1, 2008

Re: [PATCHES] partial header cleanup

Alvaro Herrera napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> This replace xlog.h with xlogdefs.h in bufpage.h. All other changes are
>> forgotten include somewhere. It reduce e.g. bloat to half in itup.h. But,
>> There are still unresolved problems. htup should include bufpage.h,
>> because it needs PageHeader size, but there is still unnecessary bufmgr.h
>> include in bufpage which generates bloat.
>
> I agree with this patch -- in fact I had done the same before PGCon and
> then neglected it for some reason. (I think I was distracted trying to
> get the struct RelationData definition out of rel.h, but that did not
> turn out too well).

I think rel.h is atomic. There is no space to split it.

> I was thinking maybe we need a third buffer manager header file. One
> would have the current bufmgr.h, another would have the page stuff that
> does not know about bufmgr.h (so most of current bufpage.h), and the
> third one would be both plus the #define that needs both (which is
> currently in bufpage.h). I am not sure what kind of fallout that
> causes. Maybe that would help you too. We need to come up with a good
> name for that file however ... bufmgrpage.h seems ugly.

I don't think that we need third header file. It seems to me, that only macros
BufferGetPage requires both headers (Page and Buffer datatype). Other content
seems to me independent.

I'm thinking about renaming bufpage.h to page.h, but it is cosmetic change and
IIRC CVS does not like file renaming.

Zdenek


--
Sent via pgsql-patches mailing list (pgsql-patches@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-patches

No comments: