Thursday, June 26, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] new RETURNING clause and Pg.pm

b == bmetcalf@cash.us.nortel.com writes:

b> t == tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us writes:

b> t> "Brandon Metcalf" <bmetcalf@nortel.com> writes:
b> t> > I just upgraded to 8.3.3 and taking advantage of the RETURNING clause
b> t> > which is really cool. I've found that with Pg.pm $r->resultStatus
b> t> > returns the integer "2" when the RETURNING clause is used on an
b> t> > insert.

b> t> > Of course, without using RETURNING the status is the constant
b> t> > PGRES_COMMAND_OK.

b> t> Sounds to me like a bug in Pg.pm --- it's probably not expecting
b> t> a result to come back from an INSERT. You oughta nag its author
b> t> about that.


b> I'll look through the Pg.pm code and see what I can find.


My mistake. The constant that gets returned is PGRES_TUPLES_OK which
is what I would expect. This corresponds to 2.

--
Brandon

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: