Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Posting to hackers and patches lists

Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> I think it would be helpful for us to provide an infrastructure where
> people who don't run their own servers to store their patches at a
> stable URL where they can keep updating the content. I did that with
> the psql wrap patch and it helped me.

Actually, I find that that is a truly awful habit and I wish that people
would *not* do it that way. There are two reasons why not:

* no permanent archive of the submitted patch

* reviewer won't know if the submitter changes the patch after he
downloads a copy, and in fact nobody will ever know unless the submitter
takes the time to compare the eventual commit to what he thinks the
patch is

regards, tom lane

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: